Sunday, February 9, 2014

Warlord Games ECW Royalist Musketeers

As promised in an earlier post, here's the Marquess of Newcastle's troops;


The front rank, all in firing pose.  I used quite strong colours on the trousers, to offset the white of the jackets.  The blue of the cuffs is repeated in some of the stocking-ties too.


Some of the ECW are multi-based.  I don't normally do this, but I gave it a try to see how it works.  All it really does is add to the painting time, as I have to temporarily base them during painting, then transfer them to the multi-base later.  I don't do this for my own miniatures, only for customer orders.


The rear rank.  I painted some of the hats blue, to tie in with the cuff colour.  This was meant to add variety, but then I put all three blue-hat guys in the same rank...






More views to finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment