Saturday, February 8, 2014

More Perry European Mercenaries

These are a slightly earlier batch of Perry late medievals, painted last year;


Florentine command, not sure I trimmed the flag as well I might have.  I like the captain's blue coat though.


Florentine crossbowmen.  I only did a small unit (just these four), which with hindsight is not much use in a wargame.  The pavises were done in a similar way to the Swiss ones in an earlier post.





The Fleur-de-lys looks better from gaming height than it does in the pics.


I went for a striking black-and-red scheme for the handgunners.  If I did them again, I'd definitely not go with a white brigandine.




I think the handgunner poses are the most natural of any multipart 'firearm' troops I've had the pleasure of building.  They actually look (to me) like they're engaged in shooting, rather than posing for the camera.


More handgunners, this time in a cheery red-and-yellow scheme.  I was going for a slightly more burnished look to the exposed metal, which I'm not sure 'works' - done again, I'd darken them more.





Still love the poses though, especially this last chap looking down at his ramming.


Some Germans this time, to give the Emperor a chance against all these rebellious Italians.  The green and white scheme was taken from the box art, for the state of Lindow.





Dodgy eyes on that second chap... they didn't look that weird in real life.


More pikemen, Swiss this time.  I later expanded the unit to ten men, using some Wars of the Roses parts.  I'll post the pictures in a later post.





No comments:

Post a Comment