Sunday, February 9, 2014

Perry Miniatures Florentine Condotta

This unit was put together using the Perry Miniatures Wars of the Roses mounted men-at-arms kit, which just goes to show its versatility;



The unit all ranked-up, dark horses and armour offset by mostly red and white details.



I'd already assembled the remainder of the kit as 'white' armoured Wars of the Roses men at arms, and these were all armed with swords etc., so I thought I'd have lances for this Italian Wars unit.



The horses are all armoured, in the Italian style (German style armour is also included in the kit).


The commander himself, with fancy hat.  A lot of contemporary paintings show these guys lookig dressed in more finery for battle than most nobles would wear to a banquet.  The fleur-de-lys are not hand-painted in these examples, I chopped up some Veni Vedi Vici medieval transfers to speed the job.


Some of the helmet options in this kit are amazing - this massive plume of ostrich feathers is a favourite.  It almost tempted me into painting these up as French Gen D'armes, but maybe I'll save that for a future project, and an excuse to buy another box of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment