Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fireforge crusader foot soldiers

More crusades-era footsolders, from the Fireforge Sergeants kit;


If you've read some of my earlier posts, you may have seen the mounted secular knight I did in this scheme.  These footsoldiers were gonig to get the same 'charge' (or emblem) on their shields, but then I dropped the idea of tying mounted knights and foot retinues together.


I found myself instinctively assembling the foot soldiers with a rear rank of spearmen, and a front rank with swords or other hand weapons.  It looks right, and also works well with some of the game systems I play.


I've mentioned on other posts about using sticker paper in my printer to get the shield designs.  The bright colours of this scheme show clearly how rips and tears (in an imagined leather covering) can be easily replicated using this method.  Just make sure you get the sticker lined up first time... they don't come off easily.




Two more views just to round things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment