Sunday, February 9, 2014

Commission work

As well as painting for my own pleasure, and for sale on eBay, I also take on commission work.  I can work in any scale or period, though I have a personal preference for ancient / medieval subjects, and World War 2 - particularly in 1/72 or 28mm.

If you're interested, drop me a line (email contact details can be found on the page), and let me know what you're after.  Price varies according to scale / period / size of order, but as a rough guide;

28mm foot from £2.50 to £4.00 per miniature
28mm mounted from £4.00 to £7.00 per miniature
Gun or war machine and crew £4 to £10 for the weapon, crew as for 28mm foot

Price includes assembly, painting, basing, and the cost of the models themselves.

I normally ask for a 50% deposit in advance (once we've agreed a price!), with the balance to be paid on completion of the order (and prior to delivery).  It's always worth getting in touch for a more detailed quote though, as many factors can affect the price.  I will also paint miniatures which you have assembled yourself, as well as repaints of existing miniatures, and (of course) I also do metal and resin miniatures.

Conversion work is always interesting to me too.  I have recently undertaken conversion of plastic miniatures to represent early-WW2 British, late-WW2 German SS panzergrenadiers, and others.  From simple head swaps / conversions (see the WW2 British Commandos post on this blog), to more complex sculpting, I'll tackle anything that interests me.  So if you can't find it from an existing range, or would like a more personal slant on your forces, get in touch and we can discuss it.  I'll try to post more conversions on here to give you an idea of what's possible.

I also do vehicles, price varying quite a bit depending on complexity and colour scheme, plus the quality of the kit itself.  Again, if you're interested, get in touch for a quote.  I'll try to post some vehicle work on here too, to give you an idea of my style.

Buildings / terrain are also on the menu, again it's hard to give a guide to price - best to get in touch with your requirements.  I can paint / assemble plastic, resin, MDF or other kits; and I produce bespoke buildings and terrain items, usually in lightweight foamboard.  I will post examples on here as a guide to how these look.  I'm a big fan of foamboard, as the buildings can be made more resilient than plastic kits, and certainly a lot lighter than resin.


No comments:

Post a Comment