Saturday, February 8, 2014

Perry 15th Century German Pikemen

As promised earlier, here's the expanded unit of German pikemen;


Looks much better as a unit of ten (to me), though maybe when I do pikes, it should really be bigger blocks - 20 or 24 perhaps.


The green and white colour scheme was an interesting one to paint, as I don't use bright greens very often.  The small red details really leap out.


Even with a fairly uniform 'green on the left half, white on the right half' you can still get some variety in there, such as with sleeve colour and absence / frequency of contrasting details.


Or with hose colour - the chap on the left couldn't even afford Lindow-approved green and white hose, he's had to wear his old buff ones.


These are the two least-favoured fellows.  I went for a green puffed sleeve on the chap on the left, but it doesn't look right.  The green is meant to be decorative panels on an otherwise white sleeve, but it just looks like I've missed bits!  The other chap is fine, I suppose, but I wish I'd done his buff jack in white instead.


Another one who couldn't afford team colours for his hose.  Probably because he spent his extra money on a fashionable black finish to his helmet.



Couple of shots to round out the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment