Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fireforge crusader crossbowmen

More Fireforge miniatures, this time painted up as a secular crusader's retinue of crossbowmen;


These I painted mostly white, with red and yellow as contrasting colours.  As with other similar units, I tried to vary where the red or yellow went, whilst still retaining a measure of uniformity.


Nice contrast in this pair between the more lightly-clad chap on the left, and the heavier-duty warrior on the right.  I really can't recommend the Fireforge Sergeants kit highly enough.  So many variations possible!


It is possible to make them more uniform too, even when using different components.  The two above have no components in common, but look similar at first glance as they have been painted in matching colours - padded armour white, hose yellow, tunic red - and have kettle hats on.


As I've mentioned on another post, the upright poses make for better crossbowmen (in my opinion).  Looking along the bottom edge of the tunic on the scale-armoured fellow, I wish I'd painted the tunic red for a better contrast.


The heads with integral hoods are a great way either to get contrasting colour onto a model, or to increase the amount of basic colour - as in the two different approaches taken here.

No comments:

Post a Comment