Saturday, September 19, 2015

Perry Miniatures Wars of the Roses Billmen - Yorkists!

And now for a different twist on a unit of WoTR billmen.  These are a different commission to the previous three posts, and the requirement was for a Yorkist livery.  I originally went for an all-white scheme, but it looked a bit bland (and was too similar to a Lancastrian livery I'd used before), so I picked my favourite Yorkist livery instead; Blue and Murray.



I retained the off-white for sleeve and hose contrast, which I think compliments the red and blue nicely.




Most liveried units would be provided with cloth for make-up of their coats, and some accounts also mention cloth being provided for other purposes.  I have imagined these chaps being provided with unbleached wool for hose and other clothing.




These three all have puffed-sleeve livery coats, two of which have been opened to expose breastplate beneath.




Brigandines and padded jacks in livery colours look cool.  I've rung the changes between the two brigandine chaps by making one sleeveless.  I've just noticed that these three all have boar spears - unintentional!




Again, sleeveless versus sleeved brigandines on otherwise very similar figures.






No comments:

Post a Comment