Saturday, September 19, 2015

More 28mm Greek Hoplites - the Foul Myrmidons!

Achilles fought with a band of black-clad desperados, hand-picked for their ferocity and skills.  These aren't from the heroic age of the Trojan Wars, of course, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to represent a unit of Classical Hoplites who had maybe taken their inspiration from the Iliad too.



I added some red crests and other spots to break up the expanse of black and bronze - but I stuck to black for all the shields.  I also chose only white shield designs.




The choice of shield designs was limited (since I'd chosen to use only the white ones), so I added some variety by using an Omega (taken from a Games Workshop Space Marine transfer sheet!).




I went with mostly crested helmets, and armoured torsos, but have included some less well-equipped chaps to show the 'new recruits' that such a notorious unit would always attract.  Note the red tunics, perhaps retained from their life before joining the Foul Mymidons...

No comments:

Post a Comment