Monday, February 23, 2015

Zombicide! Fatties and Runners

Opposite ends of the Zombie exercise spectrum here, with my first four completed Fatties, and my first eight completed Runners;



The track suit Runners, finished in the four basic board game colours - as seen in numerous children's games.  Finishing each miniature differently isn't just an aesthetic thing, it also helps during gameplay when trying to remember if this- or that- zombie has been activated or is being targeted.  You can say "The Green Tracksuit Runner" and it's obvious to everyone which model you mean.  I painted these four straight, so the next four can be converted / remodelled.  I need at least one guy with an afro, one with a sock-hat, and one with a backwards baseball cap.




Runners in shorts.  Slightly more thought went into the colour schemes, as there is physically less clothing on these so they're mostly grey.  I made a mistake with the green one, and painted the lining of his hoodie green (I meant it to be a contrasting trim colour, as with the blue / orange dude).  As with the other Runners, these were painted straight.  The next four will have some conversion work - one idea I have is to convert one chap (possibly all of them) into footballers by painting the clothes in club colours, and adding a BB (suitably painted) as a ball.  By "football", I mean of course soccer.




The Fatties - my favourite minis from the Season One game.  These have been themed according to occupation.  From left, we have a bin man / garbage guy, a gardener, a mechanic, and a decorator.  When I get round to jazzing up the bases, they'll be themed too - with litter / weeds / oil / paint spills.  I have conversion plans for the next four, including a 'Sons of Anarchy' biker mechanic, complete with beard and bandana.  I also want to replicate the famous glamour calendar "Muscular Guy Carrying Tyres" pictures by doing the same with a glamorous Fatty.  The remaining two will probably get basic conversions of afro hair and / or baseball caps.


No comments:

Post a Comment