Sunday, February 22, 2015

Perry Miniatures Italian Wars of Louis XII - billmen

These chaps are not intended to be identified with any particular force, so have no livery or uniform at all.  



As you can see, there's a real mix of colours here - two blues, green, yellow, white, black, wine red...a colourful bunch indeed.  Two of them even wear coloured hats!




I don't really like this much variety in a unit, despite it most likely being historically accurate.  I do like some of the combinations though - yellow and green look great together, and the dark blue / wine red looks very classy.  I use the same two colours for WoTR Yorkists.  Not all the combinations work though... clearly the chap at front left is unmarried, as no wife would let her husband wear green and yellow hose with a sky blue jacket!




Next time I do a batch of 'non-liveried' troops for this era, I'll use mostly / all armoured bodies.  That way, the troops can have all different hose and sleeves, but the metal effect will tie the unit together - as I do them all the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment