Sunday, March 2, 2014

Warlord Games Bolt Action Blitzkreig Wehrmacht

My two favourite theatres for WW2 gaming are the Western Desert and France (1940 campaign).  The Blitzkreig German Infantry kit was my first Bolt Action purchase, and very impressed I was too;

I painted all the Wehrmacht in the same way, reflecting the greater uniformity of the earlier campaigns.  Field-grey tunics, with panzer grey for the helmets and trousers.  Black for most of the equipment, part from the water bottles which I paint brown.  These all have dark green collars (which disappeared from later uniforms to make them cheaper to produce).




Hard to tell in this picture, which is a little blurry, but the national colours (black / white / red) feature on the helmets, and the double-bar collar tabs are also present.


As with almost all my bolt action figures, the 25mm round bases are 'boosted' with 3mm foamboard.  This makes them easier to pick up, and means their eyeline is better when placed next to 1/48 vehicles.  I was tempted by the 1/56 vehicles Warlord (and others) produce, if only for the huge choice, but they just looked too small to me.  No doubt perfectly to scale, but the figure proportions (to me) work better with the larger scale vehicles.


There are rank markings too, honest!  But for some reason I've chosen to photograph the corporal from the wrong side...

No comments:

Post a Comment