Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bolt Action Late War SS Panzergrenadiers

I picked up the Warlord Games Late War Germans to give my commandos and U.S. Infantry someone to fight.  I fancied some panzer grenadiers, in that chaotic mix of camo gear and ponchos so often seen in photos from 1944/1945, but instead of buying the metal ones which warlord produce, I thought I'd have a bash using plastic figures and green stuff;


I used a mix of weaponry and camo, plus helmet style, to get the look I was after.


The officer is only slightly modified, to turn his standard uniform jacket into the SS camo version (greenstuff for the cuffs, for example).  I then painted his two main uniform elements in different versions of 'pea dot' camo.  His grenade-lobbing colleague is more heavily converted, with a greenstuff 'zeltbahn' waterproof.  equipment was worn both over and under this waterproof coat, so I modelled my chap with his equipment over, to help break-up the expanse of pea-dot.  For the same reason, I left his helmet panzer grey.


The other two both got camouflaged helmets, which were just plain helmets with greenstuff foliage on them.  The fellow on the left combines classic MP40 with late-war pea-dot zeltbahn; while his colleague has a more up-to-date stg44, but retains the field grey / panzer grey uniform colours I use on my other WW2 Germans.

No comments:

Post a Comment