Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Perry Wars of the Roses Foot Knights and billmen

Wars of the Roses - familiar ground for me :) but an unfamiliar way of working with this commission.  Normally, I paint plastics almost exclusively - and usually source / assemble the miniatures myself.  These, though, are a mix of metal and plastic, and were supplied ready-assembled for me to paint;



 The billmen are a little trickier to paint with the arms already in place, but the client didn't want badges or livery, so there was nothing unreachable in the chest region.  The client also wanted less uniformity than I normally apply - so they're a mix of white, black, blue, red, green, brown; in all sorts of combinations.  Drives my OCD crazy.  Looking at them now, I wish I'd done a few fabric-covered helmets to make them even less uniform...


The foot knights are half metal and half plastic.  It's a testimony to the skill of the sculptor that this mini-unit blends so well.  Again, as little uniformity as possible was specified - though with 'white' armour, there's only so much you can do.







No comments:

Post a Comment