Sunday, August 31, 2014

WW2 Western Desert Commission update

Recent commission work to put together Western Desert forces for both Germans / Empire.  These shots show the almost complete Blitzkreig Miniatures Grant tank (superb model in every way, hopefully I've done it justice);


The right hand track / wheels are still to be painted, and I have some additional stowage to add before a light dusting of desert over the top.  Crew figure is modified Perry plastic radio operator.

The next shots are the excellent Warlord Games Bolt Action German half-track sdkfz251.  Kit went together brilliantly, though I (personally) didn't care for the crewman, so he's been replaced with a spare Perry MG34 gunner.  This also means the vehicle will 'fit' better with the forthcoming DAK 'zug' or platoon which are currently on the bench;


Transfers for both vehicles were stolen from an assortment of 1/48 kits I've built over the last few months.  Now that I've seen 1/56 vehicles next to Perry Miniatures figures, I've decided to sell-off the 1/48 and replace with 1/56.  Two reasons; the 1/56 choice is better (including more of the early war stuff I like), and the 1/48 just look too large next to the smaller / slighter / more realistically-proportioned Perry guys.

Finally, some shots of a four-man MG34 team - gain, Perry (this time in metal);





No comments:

Post a Comment